Now that I’ve started decorating my house for fall and begun my autumn watchlist, I’ve been waiting for the next sign of the season: cool weather.
And finally, we’ve arrived. Early this morning, I could feel the cold ocean air creeping through my open window as I lay curled up in bed. I’ve been waiting for this drop in temperature for months. This summer felt strangely lacking for reasons I can’t quite explain. I suppose some years are simply like that -- the longing for one particular season outweighs all the others. This must be a fall year.
So, in the spirit of tradition, there’s only one thing left for me to do: make the very first chai tea of the season.
If you caught my currents list in the sidebar, you might have noticed my new obsession: a little pumpkin-shaped mug my mother bought for me. Of course I had to use it for this special occasion.
Right now, I'm sitting at my desk, setting up my steno machine and getting ready for a practice session. It’s officially the first day of my school's fall break, so being "off" doesn't mean I get to skip practice. Don’t feel too bad for me, though! -- I'm fully set up with my fuzzy slippers, a space heater humming at my feet, and a steaming cup of chai tea.
Before I go, I would like to say hello to all of my new followers and thank you for joining the Little Creature Club! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it. We currently have 10 little pets in our club and they're all so cute!
I'm always excited to see a new face, so don't be shy, come say hi!
.jpg)
I absolutely adore the way you write!! This post was so lovely, thank you for reminding me to drink some chai and happy fall babes ♡ so happy to have found this cozy blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Grace! That truly means the world to me. I hope your chai was warm and delicious! Happy fall! ☕️๐
Delete