Pinned Post

Blog Update: Little Creature Club

   Create a tiny pet of your very own and send them in to become a member of the club.  Every little creature gets a name, a  personality, a...

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Autumn Chaos


It’s that time of year when my creative mind pushes its way to the forefront. Paints, journals, air-dry clay, and half-finished autumn projects are scattered around the house. I’m leaning into the vintage Halloween aesthetic that seems to be everywhere lately. DIY-ing most of my decor this fall is bringing me so much joy.

Some of the crafts I’ve finished so far:

 a pumpkin and ghost garland cut from cardboard, clay candy corn fridge magnets, modge podge leaves on a mason jar, and some clay Pillsbury pumpkin cookies for the coffee table. 

It feels quite cozy in the living-room and kitchen. 



My bedroom on the other hand is another story.


I often say that you can tell the state of my mind just by looking at my bedroom, and, well…currently, I’m a mess despite my need to decorate the house for fall. Maybe if I add enough pumpkins then you wouldn’t even notice the clothing on the floor.

Or the empty water bottle on the bedside table.

Or my school papers thrown across the desk. 

I could even blame this on the month-long sinus and ear infection I’ve been dealing with. 

Actually, I will blame it on exactly that.


For weeks, I was out of commission even for the simplest of tasks, so the fact that I managed to decorate AND pass all of my 100 WPM speed tests for school is pretty impressive. Try writing on a steno machine while half your face is swollen, feeling like a boa constrictor has wrapped itself around your head, and simultaneously trying to keep up with two people speaking at 100 words per minute.


So, the mess in my room is officially none of my business until next week. 


At least the fall dรฉcor adds a little holiday magic to the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment